This is an exciting and very demanding learning experience for students. This program is designed for the participation of both male and female high school students aged 16 to 18 who indicate an interest in a career in law enforcement/public safety/emergency services. This year's academy will be held from March 24 to April 1 2016 at the Stillwood Camp & Conference south of Cultus Lake, BC. Students must be fit enough to complete:
• 2.4 kilometre run (6 laps Minoru Track) in less than 12 minutes
• Perform the maximum number of full body push-ups (from toes) in 60 seconds (min. number - 15 reps).
• Perform the maximum number of sit-ups in 60 seconds (min. 30 reps) OR perform the maximum number of partial curl ups as per CSTF guidelines (min 25 reps).
• There is a challenging final exam. Accommodations may be made for students with an IEP.
• Students will have to miss 4 days of classes, and will be expected to make appropriate accommodations.
Cost is $800; with financial support from the community (Kiwanis and Canadian Legion) costs may be reduced. The fee covers accommodation, meals, transportation to the camp, a uniform and curriculum materials. Payment must be included with the application. If any applicant is not accepted to the academy, the payment will be returned. The application deadline is December 4, 2015. For more information, contact Mr. Henderson at 604-668-6000, Ext. 3925, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See your Counsellor or Career Advisor (Ms. Mayer) for an application package. (this program is offered annually) http://www.sd38.bc.ca/