Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
The MacNeill Parent Advisory Council is committed to supporting students and staff and to strengthen communication between the school and families.
•Every parent/guardian of a student attending MacNeill is a voting member of the PAC.
• Most MacNeill PAC meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month from September to June, unless otherwise noted.
• The meetings start at 7:00pm in the school library.
• Some meeting start with a 30 minute presentation from a MacNeill staff member about a specific topic/department
• Updates from the school administration, usually presented by the Principal.
• Committee Reports covering areas such as Fund-raising, PAC Gaming Distribution, RDPA - Richmond District Parents Association.
• Treasurer's Report
• General Business - correspondence etc.
The Parent Advisory Council meets on the third Tuesday of the month (no meeting in December and March)
2016/2017 PAC Executive
Chair: Borg Chan
Secretary: Evelina Rubinchik and Yokin Tsui
Treasurer: Phoebe Xie
Dry After Grad Chair: Evelina Rubinchik
PAC Executive Roles and Responsibilities
• Sets the dates Agenda for each PAC meeting with the Principal
• Meets regularly with the principal or when concerns arise that the Principal should know about
• Runs the PAC meetings following the Agenda that has been set
• Connects with the Richmond District Parent Association regularly
• Supports other members of the executive be a signing officer submit an annual report
• Record and file minutes of each PAC meeting
• Makes copies of the minutes of each meeting and distributes them at the next meeting for the membership and executive.Ensure safekeeping of all records of the council
• Be a signing officer
• Attends the training workshop provided by the School District
• Disburse funds as authorized by the membership or executive
• Report on all receipts and disbursements at general and executive meetings
• Have the financial records and books of account ready for inspection or audit annually
• submit an annual financial statement at the annual general meeting
Members at Large
• Commit to attending each PAC meeting through the school year
• Help out when needed during special events or when called upon
Some Useful Links
•B.C. Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils
•RDPA Richmond District Parents' Association