The MacNeill Parent Advisory Council is committed to supporting students and staff and to strengthen communication between the school and families.
•Every parent/guardian of a student attending MacNeill is a voting member of the PAC.
• All MacNeill PAC meetings are held on the third Tuesday of the month from September to May, unless otherwise noted.
• The meetings start at 7:00pm in the school library.
• Some meeting start with a 30 minute presentation from a MacNeill staff member about a specific topic/department
• Updates from the school administration, usually presented by the Principal.
• Committee Reports covering areas such as Fund-raising, PAC Gaming Distribution, RDPA - Richmond District Parents Association.
• Treasurer's Report
• General Business - correspondence etc.
The Parent Advisory Council meets on the third Tuesday of the month (no meeting in December and March)
2017/2018 PAC Executive
- Chair: Borg Chan
- Secretary: Tom Wells and Yokin Tsui
- Treasurer: Phoebe Xie
- Member at large: Dale March
- Dry After Grad Chair: Ron Heal
PAC Executive Roles and Responsibilities
- Sets the dates Agenda for each PAC meeting with the Principal
- Meets regularly with the principal or when concerns arise that the Principal should know about
- Runs the PAC meetings following the Agenda that has been set
- Connects with the Richmond District Parent Association regularly
- Supports other members of the executive be a signing officer submit an annual report
- Record and file minutes of each PAC meeting
- Makes copies of the minutes of each meeting and distributes them at the next meeting for the membership and executive.
- Ensure safekeeping of all records of the council
- Be a signing officer
- Attends the training workshop provided by the School District
- Disburse funds as authorized by the membership or executive
- Report on all receipts and disbursements at general and executive meetings
- Have the financial records and books of account ready for inspection or audit annually
- Submit an annual financial statement at the annual general meeting
Members at Large
- Commit to attending each PAC meeting through the school year
- Help out when needed during special events or when called upon
Some Useful Links