Location: Harbour Cruises - 501 Denman Street, Vancouver BC. (Near the intersection of Denman & Georgia St)
Boarding begins at 5:00 PM. The boat will leave at 5:30 PM (no later) and return at 8:30 PM. The boat will not wait for students who are late. Upon return students are dismissed downtown at the dock.
$70 per student (includes dinner and refreshments). Please ensure fees are paid before Sept. 15th.
Guests $70 per student (guest applications from Mr. Leung. Must be completed in full by Sept 15th).
Drop off/Pick Up:
Students are expected to arrange their own transportation to and from this event. No bus service will be provided by the school for transportation to or from downtown. Students and parents are encouraged to arrange carpools to and from downtown. Plan ahead and ensure it is a fun, safe evening! Give yourself lots of time to get downtown as traffic is often busy at this time in the evening. If you are driving, pay parking is available in a parking lot at the base of Denman. There is no parking lot attendance, so please bring coins or a credit card to purchase your parking ticket from the machine.
School staff will be present onboard the boat to supervise students from 5:30-6:30 PM only. Once the boat returns to the dock at 8:30 PM, staff chaperones will no longer be responsible for student supervision. It is the responsibility of the students and their parents/guardians to arrange for safe transportation back to Richmond.
To ensure this is a safe and dry event, all students will be thoroughly checked by security personnel from the charter company prior to loading the boat. Security will also be on the boat.
Following the boat cruise, students and their parents are expected to arrange a safe ride home from downtown. The school assumes no responsibility for any activities that may occur after this time.
School is in session on Thursday Sept 22nd and all grads are expected to be at school in all classes.
Students that are attending the boat cruise must adhere to the District’s Code of Conduct . Please read it before you attend the cruise.
Dress is semi-formal. Students are encouraged to wear layers or bring a sweater/jacket as it will be warm inside but cool outside on the deck.
District Code of Conduct
The Board of Education recognizes its obligation to all members of the school community to provide a positive climate and a safe, healthy environment such that effective, purposeful teaching and learning may take place. To that end it is expected that all members of the school community will conduct themselves in and ethical and lawful manner that demonstrates respect for self, others, property and the environment. A violation may warrant intervention or disciplinary action. It is expected that all members of the school
community (staff, students, parents, and guests) will:
• respect the rights of others;
• respect the health and safety of others;
• respect the property of others - private and public;
• respect the legitimate authority of the school administrative officers and staff;
• respect and take pride in the schools’ physical facilities;
• respect the diversity of the school community;
• respect the non-smoking nature of district schools and property;
• respect the individual rules within each school;
• behave in an ethical and lawful manner;
• behave in a considerate and courteous manner;
• behave in a safe and responsible manner at all times;
• comply with the purpose and spirit of the BC Human Rights Code, including not engaging in discriminatory conduct on the basis of gender, race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation;
• not threaten, harass, intimidate, bully or assault, in any way, any person within the school community directly or indirectly, through print or electronic media; and
• not be in possession of weapons, dangerous articles, alcohol, or illegal drugs while in school or at school functions.