The health and safety of all students, staff and parents is the district’s top priority and as such, the district and all schools will adhere to the requirements of the COVID-19 Public Health Office’s Guidance for K-12 School Settings.
In February, the Ministry of Education and the BC Centre for Disease Control updated the Provincial COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines for K-12 Settings. As a result, we have now received updated daily health check posters to use each morning.
We are pleased to be able to provide you with copies of the daily health check posters that you may print and post in a visible location in your home. We hope by referring to the daily health check poster and using the daily health check app, that families will be able to undertake this important component of how we are working together to limit the spread of COVID-19.
As always, our schools continue to comply with the health and safety guidelines which include hand washing, respiratory etiquette, physical distancing, mask wearing, learning in cohort groupings and the daily health check. We value your support and willingness to work with us so that all children may learn together at school.
Reminders for when students arrive at school:
- Students to enter the building through grade specific doors and exit the building using the doors closest to their classroom.
- Upon arrival at school, sanitize or wash their hands.
- Arrive no earlier than 5-7 minutes before the start of their class.
- Wear a mask in all areas of the school.
- Grade 8-9 students will stay in their morning class A for lunch. When possible, gr 8-9 students will be encouraged to be outdoors from 11:55am to 12:30pm.
- Physical distancing to be observed at all times when in public areas (i.e. Office)