MACNEILL GREEN TEAM
A R MacNeill Secondary
- Grade 9
- Grade 10
- Grade 11
- Grade 12
The MacNeill Green Team is a very practical club, striving for ecological improvement and engagement from our school and community.
Our project goal is to promote and encourage green methods to conduct ourselves with, during everyday living.
We’re always brainstorming new ways to improve the environment around us by coordinating various school campaigns. The following is a list of everything we have done so far:
- Potted plants and donated them to the library to promote urban gardening.
- Ran “Lights Out Lunch” and created posters on energy conservation to share with our school.
- Signed the school up to be members of the “Return it” program through the bottle depot to help with can/bottle recycling.
- Joined Call 2 Recycle and made our school a used battery collection area for the school and community.
- For the school’s open house, we created a robot out of used materials to display another example of upcycling and discussed with the public about how to maintain a sustainable lifestyle.
- Hosted an Eco-wise Café, where the school community discussed various problems we face today with food security.
We are currently holding a recycling contest where participants are challenged to make something practical or visually appealing out of recycled materials. As an example, we used an old Christmas tree stump to create magnets for classroom whiteboards in our school.
Fixing our carbon footprint, reducing waste, and helping the environment is what we’re all about!