Timeline for application for the 2018-2019 school year will be updated in the fall of 2017.
Although we do not have exact dates yet, generally grade 7 students come to Incentive for a day in January and application forms are due in February.
Our two parent-information nights are set and are as follows:
1. January 25 at 7:30pm
2. January 29 at 7:00 pm
To apply, there are a few important steps:
1) Student Visitation Day. Call Terri Aldridge at MacNeill Secondary (604-668-6212) to arrange for a visitation day. The student who is applying will come to our program for a day and participate in all of the classes and activities. This allows him or her to meet our students and teachers, ask questions, and get a feel for what the program is like.
2) Attend a parent/student information night. These presentations last about an hour and give a lot of information about our program, allowing time for questions as well. The 2017 dates are:
- Jan 26 at 7:30pm in room 224
- January 31 at 7:30pm in room 224
3) Complete an application package and return it to MacNeill Secondary no later than February 10, 2017. If you need to complete a cross-boundary transfer, please start the process well in advance - see important dates and details below.
DOWNLOAD A 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR APPLICATION HERE
TIMELINE / IMPORTANT DETAILS AND DEADLINES
Registration begins on Monday, January 3, 2017
All students new to the district or from Independent Schools must register at Central Registration at the Richmond School Board Office, 7811 Granville Avenue.
Transfer Applications can be submitted Monday, January 9 – Friday, February 10, 2017
Any students wishing to apply for a transfer to a school other than their catchment school must fill out a transfer application form and have the catchment high school initial it (if currently attending a Richmond School). Students from out of district or Independent Schools must fill out the transfer application at Central Registration and have them initial it.
Incentive Program application packages for any students living in the MacNeill catchment can be submitted beginning Tuesday, January 3 thru Friday, February 10, 2017.
Incentive Program application packages for any students outside of the catchment can be submitted beginning Monday, January 9 thru Friday, February 10, 2017.
Letters of acceptance will be mailed out to all applicants on Monday, March 6th.